MKSAC and Covid-19 - latest updates
MKSAC will resume diving and air-fills from 1st June.
Club meetings will continue to be online.
There are limited places available for diving at the Blue Lagoon, which will need to be pre-booked.
Use the forum to keep in touch, and stay safe. Greg Roach - Diving Officer
The MKSAC RIB, call-sign ‘Redbreast’
The boat is a 6.5 metre Tornado and is fully fitted out for safe diving up to twenty miles offshore. The boat is carried on a Roller Coaster twin-axle trailer. Boat and trailer weigh around 1400 kilos when ready for towing.
The boat is propelled by a 140HP Suzuki four-stroke outboard motor, the fuel is stored in a hundred litre stainless steel tank at the front of the boat (under the green barrel). The battery is located under the drivers seat.
Other equipment carried includes:
- First aid kit - in one of the yellow boxes on the ‘A’ Frame
- Flares to call for assistance - in one of the yellow boxes on the ‘A’ Frame
- Oxygen Kit - Left of the fuel tank
- Anchor - Right of the fuel tank (in the brown tube)
- Tools and spares for the engine - located under the console
- Icom M411 marine VHF radio, located on the face of the console, hidden by the steering wheel.
- Furuno GP 35 differential GPS navigator, located on the face of the console along with the rev counter, fuel gauge etc.
- Furuno LS4100 echo sounder, located on top of the console along with the compass